Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ishihara Family Sends me off to Cambodia

I'm @ my parents' house in Ukiah, CA. I'm visiting them and getting ready for my trip to Cambodia. My mom and dad look good; actively working through their own health issues, and they're always positive. Here you will see my Dad, Mom, and my sister, Emiko.


My sister, Emiko, has a new puppy, named Turtle. Turtle is a 13-week old jack russel. He's so cute, check him out.



I'm still working on my itinerary in Cambodia, and still doing research. I have 5 days left to figure it all out. But so far on my list of things to do:

- interviewing/chilling with the American returnees/deportees
- interviewing/chilling with the LGBTQ community
- definitely want to see my Brao people and hill tribes in Rattanakari
- go to the beach in Sihaunokville
- rent and ride a motorcycle all across Cambodia
- cross over the border into Thailand and Laos
- discover and eat 5 new tropical fruits
- eat my way through a market (or float my way through a floating market)
- meet Sarath's relatives
- buy gifts for the PrYSM kids
- go fishing with the local fishermen
- visit the holocoust museum
- walk through the jungle and meet SEA reptilians (and some mammals)

Make sure to tune back in to http://cambodia4kohei.blogspot.com for crazy and fun pictures, video, and vlogs.






5 comments:

  1. Hi Kohei, my family also gave me a go away party when I first went back to Cambodia and that was very special. I wanted to share with you that memories, but you left.

    Before you leave, you should get a lot of Sanitizer Wet Napkins or Wet Wipes to carry with you around. You'll need it for both your hand and to wipe yourself; if you run out, use lime or lemon to clean your hand. Make sure you ask to have all your eating utensils in the hot water cup/glass. FYI, Sihanoukville has the best Durian. Make sure it's ripe. I wish you the best! Seney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got another one: pick me up one or two really great, female, Khmer/Cambodian music artists. You can tell them it's for Venus Sings Radio and direct them to VenusSings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love seeing photos of your family. Give them my best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Seney!!! Theres plenty of lime here, everywhere you go... so I'm in good hands!!

    ReplyDelete