Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Don't Judge a Fruit by its Skin

I said I would discover and eat 5 new fruits while here in Cambodia. On my second day, Chath took me to the Psa-Kandal market in the middle of Phnom Penh. We picked Mangosteen, Dragon Fruit, and then three others I don't know what they're called.











Watch us eat them one by one... having fun pretending to be on the Food Network!















Then we met some different kind of market fruits - meet Mee and June. They own a DVD booth. Chath (my fearless tour guide) spotted them and we sat down for a conversation.



They were very open to talking about their experiences being Trans Vietnamese immigrants living in Cambodia. Here's a short clip from the conversation... funny at the end. LOL


3 comments:

  1. This conversation was a little hard. I guess the one thing I got from it was that there is a HUGE trans population in Vietnam, bigger than in Cambodia. And so far, I've seen a lot of trans folks here.

    I also interviewed some activists - and we talked a lot about gender, sexuality, and transgendered folks in Cambodia... really interesting.

    I will post more later. But it takes forever to upload videos here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O WOW...lolx I love the one question interview session in the exchange for a one night fun. unbelievable

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow... Hmm... Yea!!! She wanted some Hapa Lovin!!! lol, That was GREAT! LMAO

    ReplyDelete