Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fishing

Fishing in Srok Khmer.

Where are the fishing hotspots? Well, they're anywhere that you can find water. Fish are all over the place!! Went to a small rice paddy irrigation stream, and there were dozens of people catching fish, and the stream is so small and only 2-3 feet deep... I wondered how come there was an endless supply. Apparently, they come there everyday... and the fish never dissappear. The guy who took me said that the Tonle Sap lake used to be so abundant with fish, that when you drove a motorboat, hundreds of little fish would jump out of the water and into the boat!

So yeah, it was difficult to learn how to fish with a net, but I sort of got the hang of it. The crazy thing is that every fish we caught, I've already seen before - but in the U.S. at a pet store. I couldnt believe we were gonna eat these small beautiful fish that are usually in an Aquarium.

Hey, but it was fun... check out my video at the end!




No comments:

Post a Comment